Maligayang Pagdating sa Kapihan!
Ang Wikibooks:Kapihan ang puntahang pook ng Pamayanan ng buong Tagalog na Wikibooks na humahawak, tumatalakay, at nagsusulat hinggil sa mga paksang pang-aklat. Ang Kapihan ay isang salitang Tagalog na nangangahulugang isang pook na puntahan ng mga kasapi ng pamayanan upang magkape at mag-usap hinggil sa sari-saring mga bagay-bagay.
Sa Tagalog Wikibooks, ito ang lugar kung saan pinag-uusapan ang lahat ng mga may kaugnayan sa malayang aklatang ito. Malaya kang makapagtatala sa pahina ng usapan ng mga pabatid, katanungan, pagpapahalaga, at iba pang may kaugnayan sa wikibooks na ito. Maaaring makilahok ang lahat ng nakatalang mga tagagamit ng Wikibooks.
Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[baguhin]
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!
-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 19:00, 22 Enero 2020 (UTC)
Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages[baguhin]
Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.
You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 14:15, 26 Pebrero 2020 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #1 – Discussion tools[baguhin]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
This early version of the Reply tool automatically signs and indents comments.
The Editing team has been working on the talk pages project. The goal of the talk pages project is to help contributors communicate on wiki more easily. This project is the result of the Talk pages consultation 2019.
In a future update, the team plans to test a tool for easily linking to another user's name, a rich-text editing option, and other tools.
The team is building a new tool for replying to comments now. This early version can sign and indent comments automatically. Please test the new Reply tool.
- On 31 March 2020, the new reply tool was offered as a Beta Feature editors at four Wikipedias: Arabic, Dutch, French, and Hungarian. If your community also wants early access to the new tool, contact User:Whatamidoing (WMF).
- The team is planning some upcoming changes. Please review the proposed design and share your thoughts on the talk page. The team will test features such as:
- an easy way to mention another editor ("pinging"),
- a rich-text visual editing option, and
- other features identified through user testing or recommended by editors.
To hear more about Editing Team updates, please add your name to the "Get involved" section of the project page. You can also watch these pages: the main project page, Updates, Replying, and User testing.
– PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
19:28, 8 Abril 2020 (UTC)
Editing news 2020 #2[baguhin]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
This issue of the Editing newsletter includes information the Talk pages project, an effort to help contributors communicate on wiki more easily.
- Reply tool: This is available as a Beta Feature at the four partner wikis (Arabic, Dutch, French, and Hungarian Wikipedias). The Beta Feature is called "Discussion tools". The Beta Feature will get new features soon. The new features include writing comments in a new visual editing mode and pinging other users by typing
@. You can test the new features on the Beta Cluster now. Some other wikis will have a chance to try the Beta Feature in the coming months.
- New requirements for user signatures: Soon, users will not be able to save invalid custom signatures in Special:Preferences. This will reduce signature spoofing, prevent page corruption, and make new talk page tools more reliable. Most editors will not be affected.
- New discussion tool: The Editing team is beginning work on a simpler process for starting new discussions. You can see the initial design on the project page.
- Research on the use of talk pages: The Editing team worked with the Wikimedia research team to study how talk pages help editors improve articles. We learned that new editors who use talk pages make more edits to the main namespace than new editors who don't use talk pages.
– Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
20:36, 17 Hunyo 2020 (UTC)
Feedback on movement names[baguhin]
Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Please help translate to your language if necessary. Thank you!
There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.
Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.
Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.
Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 19:52, 2 Hulyo 2020 (UTC)
Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.
Editing news 2020 #3[baguhin]
Ika-3 Balita sa Pagmamatnugot ng 2020[baguhin]
Basahin sa ibang wika • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Higit sa 50 milyong pagbabago
ang nagawa sa pamamagitan ng biswal na pampatnugot sa desktop.
Pitong taon na ang nakalilipas sa ganitong buwan, inialok ng Pangkat pampatnugot ang biswal na pampatnugot sa karamihan ng mga patnugot ng Wikipedia. Simula noon, maraming milyahe ang nakamit ng mga patnugot:
- Higit sa 50 milyong pagbabago ang nagawa sa pamamagitan ng biswal na pampatnugot sa desktop.
- Higit sa 2 milyong bagong artikulo ang nilikha sa biswal na pampatnugot. Higit sa 600,000 ng artikulong ito ay nagawa lamang noong 2019.
- Unti-unting sumisikat ang biswal na pampatnugot. Ang hagway ng lahat ng mga pagbabago gamit ang biswal na pampatnugot ay tumataas bawat taon mula sa pagpapakilala nito.
- Noong 2009, ginamit ng 35% ng mga pagbabago ng mga bagong-dating (mga patnugot na naka-login na may ≤99 pagbabago) ang biswal na pampatnugot. Itong porsyento ay nadadagdagan bawat taon.
- Halos 5 milyong pagbabago sa mobile sayt ang nagawa gamit ang biswal na pampatnugot. Karamihan nitong mga pagbabago ay nagawa mula nang magsimula ang Pangkat pampatnugot sa pagpapabuti ng biswal na pampatnugot sa mobile noong 2018.
- Noong ika-17 ng Nobyembre 2019, ang unang pagbabago mula sa kalawakan ay nagawa sa biswal na pampatnugot sa mobile. 🚀 👩🚀
- Gumawa ang mga patnugot ng higit sa 7 milyong pagbabago sa pampatnugot ng wikitext ng 2017, kabilang ang pagsisimula ng 600,000 bagong artikulo gamit nito. Angpampatnugot ng wikitext ng 2017 ay ang built-in wikitext mode ng VisualEditor. Maaari itong paganahin sa inyong mga nais.
Whatamidoing (WMF) (usapan)
12:56, 9 Hulyo 2020 (UTC)
Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[baguhin]
It is my honor to introduce Abstract Wikipedia, a new project that has been unanimously approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Abstract Wikipedia proposes a new way to generate baseline encyclopedic content in a multilingual fashion, allowing more contributors and more readers to share more knowledge in more languages. It is an approach that aims to make cross-lingual cooperation easier on our projects, increase the sustainability of our movement through expanding access to participation, improve the user experience for readers of all languages, and innovate in free knowledge by connecting some of the strengths of our movement to create something new.
This is our first new project in over seven years. Abstract Wikipedia was submitted as a project proposal by Denny Vrandečić in May 2020  after years of preparation and research, leading to a detailed plan and lively discussions in the Wikimedia communities. We know that the energy and the creativity of the community often runs up against language barriers, and information that is available in one language may not make it to other language Wikipedias. Abstract Wikipedia intends to look and feel like a Wikipedia, but build on the powerful, language-independent conceptual models of Wikidata, with the goal of letting volunteers create and maintain Wikipedia articles across our polyglot Wikimedia world.
The project will allow volunteers to assemble the fundamentals of an article using words and entities from Wikidata. Because Wikidata uses conceptual models that are meant to be universal across languages, it should be possible to use and extend these building blocks of knowledge to create models for articles that also have universal value. Using code, volunteers will be able to translate these abstract “articles” into their own languages. If successful, this could eventually allow everyone to read about any topic in Wikidata in their own language.
As you can imagine, this work will require a lot of software development, and a lot of cooperation among Wikimedians. In order to make this effort possible, Denny will join the Foundation as a staff member in July and lead this initiative. You may know Denny as the creator of Wikidata, a long-time community member, a former staff member at Wikimedia Deutschland, and a former Trustee at the Wikimedia Foundation . We are very excited that Denny will bring his skills and expertise to work on this project alongside the Foundation’s product, technology, and community liaison teams.
It is important to acknowledge that this is an experimental project, and that every Wikipedia community has different needs. This project may offer some communities great advantages. Other communities may engage less. Every language Wikipedia community will be free to choose and moderate whether or how they would use content from this project.
We are excited that this new wiki-project has the possibility to advance knowledge equity through increased access to knowledge. It also invites us to consider and engage with critical questions about how and by whom knowledge is constructed. We look forward to working in cooperation with the communities to think through these important questions.
There is much to do as we begin designing a plan for Abstract Wikipedia in close collaboration with our communities. I encourage you to get involved by going to the project page and joining the new mailing list . We recognize that Abstract Wikipedia is ambitious, but we also recognize its potential. We invite you all to join us on a new, unexplored path.
Katherine Maher (Executive Director, Wikimedia Foundation)
- ↑ Abstract Wikipedia
- ↑ User:Denny
- ↑ Abstract Wikipedia mailing list
Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 19:56, 9 Hulyo 2020 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement
Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all Wikis[baguhin]
The FileExporter and FileImporter will become a default features on all wikis until August 7, 2020. They are planned to help you to move files from your local wiki to Wikimedia Commons easier while keeping all original file information (Description, Source, Date, Author, View History) intact. Additionally, the move is documented in the files view history.
How does it work?
Step 1: If you are an auto-confirmed user, you will see a link "Move file to Wikimedia Commons" on the local file page.
Step 2: When you click on this link, the FileImporter checks if the file can in fact be moved to Wikimedia Commons. These checks are performed based on the wiki's configuration file which is created and maintained by each local wiki community.
Step 3: If the file is compatible with Wikimedia Commons, you will be taken to an import page, at which you can update or add information regarding the file, such as the description. You can also add the 'Now Commons' template to the file on the local wiki by clicking the corresponding check box in the import form. Admins can delete the file from the local wiki by enabling the corresponding checkbox. By clicking on the 'Import' button at the end of the page, the file is imported to Wikimedia Commons.
If you want to know more about the FileImporter extension
or the Technical Wishes Project
, follow the links. --For the Technical Wishes Team:
Max Klemm (WMDE) 09:14, 6 Agosto 2020 (UTC)
Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[baguhin]
Basahin itong mensahe sa ibang wika
Susubukin ng Pundasyong Wikimedia ang kanilang pangalawang sentro ng datos. Sisiguraduhin nito na mananatiling online ang Wikipedia at ang mga iba pang wiki ng Wikimedia kahit pagkatapos ng isang sakuna. Upang matiyak na gumagana ang lahat, kailangang magsagawa ang kagawaran ng Teknolohiya ng Wikimedia ng planadong pagsubok. Ipapakita ng pagsubok kung maaasahang makakapaglipat sila mula sa isang sentro ng datos patungo sa kabila. Nangangailangan ito ng maraming pangkat na maghanda para sa pagsubok at maging presente para mag-ayos ng mga anumang di-inaasahang problema.
Ililipat nila ang lahat ng trapiko sa pangalawang sentro ng datos sa Martes, ika-1 ng Setyembre 2020.
Nakalulungkot, dahil sa mga limitasyon sa MediaWiki, dapat huminto ang lahat ng pagbabago habang naglilipat tayo. Humihingi kami ng paumanhin para sa pagkagambalang ito, at sinisikap naming mabawasan ito sa hinaharap.
Makakapagbasa ka, ngunit hindi makakapagbago, ng lahat ng mga wiki sa loob lamang ng maikling panahon.
- Hindi ka makakapagbago ng hanggang sa isang oras sa Martes, ika-1 ng Setyembre. Magsisimula ang pagsubok sa 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 19:30 IST, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, at sa Bagong Silandya at 02:00 NZST sa Miyerkules, ika-2 ng Setyembre).
- Kung susubukin mong magbago o maglagak sa mga oras na ito, makakikita ka ng mensahe ng kamalian. Inaasahan namin na walang mawawala na pagbabago sa mga minutong ito, ngunit hindi namin magagarantiyahan ito. Kung nakikita mo ang mensahe ng kamalian, mangyaring maghintay hanggang bumalik sa normal na ang lahat. Pagkatapos, dapat mailalagak mo na ang iyong pagbabago. Subalit, inirerekomenda namin na gumawa ka ng kopya ng iyong mga pagbabago muna, kung sakali man.
Mga ibang epekto:
- Babagal ang mga background job at maaaring tanggalin ang ilan. Maaaring hindi maisasapanahon ang mga pulang kawing ng kasimbilis ng normal. Kung maglilikha ka ng artikulo na nakakawing na sa ibang lugar, mas matagal na mananatiling pula ang kawing. Kailangang pahintuin ang mga ilang pangmatagalang iskrip.
- Magkakaroon ng mga code freeze sa linggo ng ika-1 ng Setyembre 2020. Hindi ilulunsad ang mga di-esensyal na kodigo.
Maaaring ipagpaliban ang proyekto kung kinakailangan. Maaari mong basahin ang iskedyul sa wikitech.wikimedia.org. Ihahayag ang anumang pagbabago sa iskedyul. Magkakaroon pa ng mga abiso tungkol dito. Mangyaring ibahagi ang impormasyon sa iyong pamayanan.
Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:48, 26 Agosto 2020 (UTC)
Invitation to participate in the conversation[baguhin]
Hello. Apologies for cross-posting, and that you may not be reading this message in your native language: translations of the following announcement may be available on Meta. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
We are excited to share a draft of the Universal Code of Conduct, which the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees called for earlier this year, for your review and feedback. The discussion will be open until October 6, 2020.
The UCoC Drafting Committee wants to learn which parts of the draft would present challenges for you or your work. What is missing from this draft? What do you like, and what could be improved?
Please join the conversation and share this invitation with others who may be interested to join, too.
To reduce language barriers during the process, you are welcomed to translate this message and the Universal Code of Conduct/Draft review. You and your community may choose to provide your opinions/feedback using your local languages.
To learn more about the UCoC project, see the Universal Code of Conduct page, and the FAQ, on Meta.
Thanks in advance for your attention and contributions, The Trust and Safety team at Wikimedia Foundation
, 17:55, 10 Setyembre 2020 (UTC)